If you wish to amend any of the personal information that we hold about you, or update your marketing preferences, you can do so at any time through your account.
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
2.Information we collect
This section details the information we may collect about you. We explain why, and how, we use it in later sections.
If you decide to create an account or enquire about one of our products or services, we’ll ask you to provide us with some specific information, for example:
- Basic personal details – such as name and title;
- Personal contact details – such as email address.
On occasion, we will ask you to voluntarily provide additional information, for example:
- Your opinion of our products and services;
- Your preferences, including newsletters or premium contents;
- Information such as your personal details including your delivery address, which may be considered special categories of personal data.
3.Lawful basis for processing
We only process personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so, such as the following:
- User consent – This is where you have given us explicit permission to process personal information for a given purpose. For example, if you complete one of our general enquiry forms, we would ask for your consent if we wanted to use your personal information for any other purpose. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. You can manage your preferences within your account or by contacting us.
- Legitimate business purposes – This is where we have a legitimate interest, as a business, to process personal information. For example, where we are aware of copyright infringements on our Site, it is in our legitimate interests as a business to identify those responsible. We take due care to balance our interests against your right to privacy.
- Contractual necessity – This is where we have to process personal information to meet our contractual obligations. For example, if you are selected in a lucky draw, we would need to process your delivery address to fulfil your subscription.
- Legal obligation – This is where we have to process personal information in order to comply with the law.
4.How we use your personal information
We collect personal information for the following main reasons:
- To provide our service – We require some of your basic personal information so our services work as you would expect, for example, providing access to our digital content, notifying you of changes to our services and dealing with your queries.
- To improve and maintain performance – In order to provide you with the best possible user experience and value, we need to make sure that our products and contents work as they should. Using personal information helps us understand how our readers experience our Sites and services, so we can make improvements. This includes contacting our readers with research surveys, hosting subscriber focus groups and analysing onsite data to test new and existing events, products and developments for Morning Wrap.
- To monitor compliance with our policies and terms – We monitor for breaches of our terms and conditions and copyright policies. We also monitor activity on our Sites to detect and prevent invalid or fraudulent traffic.
- To communicate product changes – We want you to get the most out of our products and services, including showcasing our latest content and newsletters.
- For the purpose of advertising – We rely on advertising revenue in part to support our contents. We need to process your information to understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant personalised advertising. We use the information you give us and the information we collect about you to serve you with the most appropriate advertisements.
- Recruitment – If you apply for a role via one of our Sites, we will process your information in order to facilitate the application process.
- To administer prize draws and competitions – If you enter a prize draw or competition, we will process your information in order to run the competition or administer the prize draw. For example, we will process your address information if you are a winner and we need to send your prize by post. We may be required to publish or otherwise make available your name and/or region if you are selected as a winner in a competition or prize draw.
Under data protection laws, you have rights as an individual in relation to the personal data we hold about you. These rights include:
- The right to access the personal data that we process about you;
- The right to request the deletion of your personal data;
- The right to request the rectification of your personal data – you can manage some of this information in your account.
- You can exercise these rights by contacting us.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In Hong Kong, this is the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Privacy. In Singapore, this is the Personal Data Protection Commission.
Personal information is collected by Morning Wrap and its subsidiaries.
Our Sites are not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not intentionally collect or use any information from children.
If you have a query in regards to the processing of your personal information, please contact our us at firstname.lastname@example.org
MORNING WRAP PTE. LTD.
Registered Office: 20A, Tanjong Pagar Road, Singapore 088443
These terms and conditions were published on 30 September 2020 and replace with immediate effect the terms and conditions previously published (if any).